Monday, June 25, 2012

Illusions//Prisons

Just returned home from one of the most pivotal weeks of my life. Left home with nothing but a bag on my back full of a sleeping bag and not much else. Just threw myself into the world. I learned more in this week than any class, or any year of classes has ever taught me. For example, hitch hiking is still a very legitimate form of travel (we had four guys and received about 40 rides), free food is everywhere if you're willing to get it, the whole world is a potential bed, depending on weather, and money is unnecessary. I mean, of course money is evil, but everybody is under the assumption that it's a necessary evil. It's not. Necessary evils don't exist. It's all an illusion.

Now, on that whole illusion bit. What I'm saying is that we all obviously live on the same planet, but people live in different worlds. Some bring about their own futures while others have theirs brought about by "authority" figures, whom are typically illegitimate. Some are trapped in illusions, such as the aforementioned idea that "nothing is free" or that "money is success" among many others. To be fair though, maybe money is success to some, but it would seem they never have enough of it.

That's all I have for now.


No comments:

Post a Comment